Hi, I’m Ann, and I’m a recovering Diet Coke addict.
About a year ago, I gave up Diet Coke and went through one of the worst Diet Coke detoxes. (Click to link) Believe it or not, I would drink between 4- 8 cans of Diet Coke/day. Like I said, I’m a recovering Diet Coke addict.
Now that I’ve given up Diet Coke, I’ve started drinking coffee in the morning.
Hello, my love.
The difference between coffee and Diet Coke is that I drink much, much, MUCH less coffee and it’s not a trigger.
When I would drink Diet Coke, I would crave salty and sweet foods: i.e. chips and chocolate. And anytime I had Diet Coke, I would never drink it solo. And it would never accompany fruits, veggies, or healthy foods. Diet Coke was always present during a binge – especially when I was eating my feelings.
I’ve found a new love with coffee creamer. Namely, the Coffeemate creamers. I am seriously LOVING Peppermint Mocha and Cinnamon Cookie flavors. (Thanks, Ash, for introducing me to the Peppermint Mocha flavor!)
A few nights ago, I made a pumpkin cake. It turned out much better than anticipated, and I’m excited to pass along my recipe –
Cake + Coffee Creamer
1 box sugar free yellow cake mix
15 oz canned pumpkin
A few shakes of Cinnamon
1. Combine ingredients.
2. Swirl Cinnamon on top of cake batter, if you’re feeling fancy.
3. Put into greased baking dish.
4. Cook at 425 for about 25-30 minutes.
5. Cut into 12 pieces right away, so you don’t immediately eat them all.
Okay – there’s a few things about this cake:
– I think it only has about 150 calories/piece.
– The pumpkin helps the cake stay moist, which makes it delicious.
– I wasn’t a huge fan of this cake when it came out of the oven. I gave it a 4/10. But then, I put it in the fridge overnight, and the next day it was OUT OF THIS WORLD, 10/10, BEST CAKE I’VE EVER MADE!!!! Seriously. Next-day cold cake is unbelievable.
– You can also make it with spiced cake mix, like my friend Sabrina (click to link)
I really like both my coffee creamer and my pumpkin cake. They are low-calorie treats and take care of my sweet craving. I don’t feel guilty after eating them, and I don’t feel compelled to eat the entire pan of cake or drink the entire pot of coffee + creamer.
Do you have any delicious (low-calorie) sweet treats you are loving right now?