Ides of March

March 15th, 2012 | Ann

Today was the Ides of March. I didn’t even know what that was until Carissa said something on Twitter. I googled it and read on Wikipedia that Julius Caesar was killed that day – stabbed 23 times. Then it was made into a movie directed by George Clooney.

A 2011 article said it best – “The legend of this day is to expect bad things to happen on March 15 – as even the world’s most powerful emperor can suffer on it.”

I’ll be honest. I had a bad day. A really bad day. Work was super stressful, and the one thing I looked forward to – my post-work run, was a total flop.

No smiles here.

Without getting into details, I can say…. I am so incredibly happy that today is over.

No more Ides of March.

10 Responses to “Ides of March”

1. Danielle K says:

:( Sorry you had a bad day. I think I had pre-Ides of March (Pi Day was HORRIBLE for me) was worse.

How’s the running in general? Have you ever done a Tough Mudder or Warrior Dash before? I’m asking, because I’m about to sign up for the Warrior Dash near the Twin Cities. I’m going to have to train from square one, and was wondering if you had any tips.

2. At least it’s only one day!

3. Mary says:

Best advice I’ve heard recently on the subject: the difference between a good day and a bad day is usually a day. :) Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

4. Falon says:

Me too! Wow I feel a like better knowing its bad juju day.

5. Kristi says:

Bummer, girl. I hope today is better!

Just remember there are good and bad runs. Today decided to be a bad one :(

6. Ruby Leigh says:

You look so somber, here’s to better runs in the future!

7. Karen says:

Awww girl, you know it is bad when you post a thumbs down photo. I don’t think I have ever seen you with anything other than a smile on your face. :(

8. Missy says:

BOO to the Ides of March (though the George Clooney movie was actually pretty good…). Hope today is going better for you!!!

9. Hannah says:

Crappy days are… well, crappy. But you know what’s the good thing out of that whole day? You actually ran. Yeah, it stinks that the run wasn’t good, but you did it. That’s a big deal.
    However, I hope that things get better for you!

10. Erin says:

I didn’t know that bad things were supposed to happen on that day…something really sucky happened to me recently so I just looked at the calendar to figure out what day it was, and yep, sure enough…March 15th. I’m cursed.