The recipe came from my mom, who made it during the holiday season last year when Jay and I were just beginning our healthiness journey. It’s one of my favorite low-cal desserts.
1 box fat-free, sugar-free Jello – any flavor
2 cups fat-free yogurt – same flavor as the Jello
1 container fat-free Cool Whip
1 reduced calorie graham cracker pie crust
1. Heat 1/2 cup water in the microwave for approx 1:00 (until boiling).
2. Add the packet of jello to the water, stir until dissolved.
3. Immediate add the yogurt to the jello “juice” – stir until dissolved. It will make a creamy, saucy fruity liquid.
4. Fold in the Cool Whip. This is important. It must not be frozen, and you cannot whip/stir it. You must gently “fold” to retain the “fluff”.
5. Pour into graham cracker pie crust.
6. Refridgerate for atleast 4 hours, or until set. (Best to make the day before).
7. Try not to devour the entire pie at once.
According to Spark Recipes (click to link), each piece is about 180 calories.
Tonight, I made the key-lime flavor (key lime yogurt and lime jello), and it was amazing! I’ve also made the strawberry flavor, which is quite good. I’ve often thought it would be delicious to add fruit (and more Cool Whip) on top. Who doesn’t love toppings?!
I love love LOVE this recipe and I hope you’ll make it for the upcoming holiday season. You can customize the fruity fluff pie to your own favorite flavor and add toppings or fruit. It’s a fabulous low-calorie dessert, easy to make, and absolutely delicious.