Get In Gear 10k

April 30th, 2011 | Ann

This morning was the Get In Gear 10k – which I learned, is the largest 10k in Minnesota and the 15th largest in the country. I woke up to rainy, cold weather and immediately wished it was a different day – warm and sunshiney, please!

Layering for the rain.

I made myself a delicious pre-race breakfast, and got ready to walk down to Minneahaha Park, the race site.

PB&J english muffin and fruit

When Jay and I got to the race site, it was absolutely chaotic. Believe it or not, the most stressful part of the entire race was waiting in line for the bathroom, while hearing the announcer call everyone to the starting line. It shot my anxiety up to 10 out of 10, thinking we might miss the start of the race. Luckily, the line moved quickly, but we couldn’t find the place to start the race!

Tens of thousands of people!

Everyone was chip timed, so the exact starting time didn’t so much matter, as being in the right place. The race itself was great. Despite the rain, I ran really well. My heart rate was in Zone 3 and 4 the entire time. My average moving pace was 12:15/mile – not bad! There was a water stop around Mile 3, and a huge hill following. But – I didn’t stop and walk, not once. Jay ran with me the entire time.

Here is the Garmin Connect race data (Check it out! So cool!)

I finished the race in 1:17, and burned 1128 calories. I am SO PROUD of my moving pace – 12:15, and I am really proud of not walking during the entire 10k.

I did it! I ran a 10k!

I was also fortunate enough to meet up with Jen and Jen after the race. Both of these girls have been SUCH HUGE INSPIRATIONS to me – losing weight, living a healthy, active lifestyle. And it was their 1st 10k, too! I just adore them both and am so thankful to know them!

With Jen and Jen!

Thanks to everybody who gave words of encouragement over Twitter, Facebook, or here on the blog. I appreciate your support SO MUCH!!!

Incase you were wondering, I DID pick up my road bike lastnight, and will be blogging about that in the next day or two. Meanwhile, I’m going to relax. Have a happy and healthy weekend!

21 Responses to “Get In Gear 10k”

1. Mariah says:

Congrats on the great job on your first 10K, way to rock it even in the rain and wind! TOTALLY AWESOME, you really are a true runner!

Mariah

2. Awesome!! Congrats! I had originally picked this race to be my first 10k as well… but chickened out after I found out I was pregnant and couldn’t keep my HR below 140 while running like my doc wanted. I wasn’t feeling too bad about it with the weather this morning… yuck! Wish you guys could have had nicer weather and wished I was there running with you.
    Again, great job on the accomplishment! AMAZING!

3. Ashley says:

Seriously?! You did amazing! I thought about you tons this morning when i was doing my long run. :) so so so proud of you!

4. Kat says:

Congratulations, lady! The weather this morning was just absolute shit, really – I’m SO proud of you for going out! :)

5. Lynne says:

Congrats on a very successful race!

6. Stephanie says:

Way to go Anne!!! Congrats on your first 10K! You’re so inspiring!

7. [...] HOME About Me2011 Race ScheduleMotivational QuotesContact Info « Get In Gear 10k [...]

8. becky says:

WAHOOOOOO!!!! You look fantastic! And I am so proud of you! That is an amazing pace and you should be so impressed with yourself, especially considering the weather! I was cheering you on clear from Utah and hope you felt the good runner vibes! :)

9. [...] don’t remember the time of the 10k in April. I only remember that I finished, and that I didn’t [...]

10. Kareem says:

This will give an accurate reading regarding the
    dissolved solids in your particular solution. The secondary nutrients include calcium, magnesium, iron, and the like.
    There are many different styles and types of equipment that can be purchased from your local grow shop or garden store.

11. Jobs descriptions for Emergency Room clerks normally note a senior high school diploma or comparable as a
    need.

12. Kaylee says:

Although you’re taking a risk, you can attempt this on your own. Compared to most
    other masticating juicers on the market today, this machine
    has superb looks. Here, the Caves hotel multiplies your
    joy with amazing views.

13. For those that don’t normally temple run 2 cheats like
    computers can have completed very well play a role in developing an outstanding game.

14. All of the traditional markrting methods still work and
    can augment your mobile marketing strategy. Thee most popular of
    these niches are restaurant guides. If you need someone to manage
    your campaigyns call me at 863-698-8266 and I will be glad to help you get
    started.

15. Hi Dear, are you really visiting thi web page on a regular basis, iff so afterward you will absolutely get fastdious experience.

16. It operated two daily round trip excursions, except on Sundays, on the 65-mile run from the Weirs at 08:
    00 and 13:00, calling at Bear Island, Center Harbor, Wolfeboro,
    and Alton Bay. 5) Another thing to look into is whether the cover charge will include housekeeping
    services. The number of expected wedding guests must also be kept in mind including
    the proportion between relatives and friends.

17. If your family enjoys camping, you can even extend your visit over a weekend
    and set up tents along the way. Ignoring some of these rules will just make you look like
    a jerk and possibly leave you humiliated. Here, the Caves
    hotel multiplies your joy with amazing views.

18. easy juicer says:

Pimms is Cap Jaluca’s award winning restaurant and holds its weight in ambiance
    and outstanding cuisine amongst the finest in the Caribbean. When choosing furniture, you’ll be deciding on many different types of chairs to put into your home.
    Should you favor a relaxing time, then the spectacular seashores Dubai has to offer could
    be the ultimate location for relaxation.

19. Ensure that your resume makes it easy for the readers to identify your capabilities and feel your enthusiasm to be a part of their workforce.

Outside cleaners have to do a good job, or they don’t get invited back.
    If you own a centrifugal juicer and are annoyed by the
    foaming and the clogging switch to a masticating juicer.

20. Inside your private Caribbean beach villa, you can kick up your
    heels and relax in the plush surroundings.
    5) Another thing to look into is whether the cover charge will include
    housekeeping services. If you own a centrifugal juicer and
    are annoyed by the foaming and the clogging switch to a masticating juicer.

21. The types that are available are numerous and you can choose
    your pick from the ones that range from hand press models to ones that are electrically operated.
    To take hold of this gentle wisdom and to remember
    that if I let go and be held by Mother Nature’s ebb
    and flow that I too will be brought back to pools of
    stillness. There are a total of nine unique habitats where you may discover many different types
    of wildlife animals and over one hundred species of birds
    that you may enjoy seeing while on your Florida vacation.